American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Lacking kindness; inconsiderate or unsympathetic.
- adj. Harsh; severe: unkind winters.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not natural; unnatural.
- Not sympathetic; lacking in or not springing from or exhibiting kindness, benevolence, or affection; not kind; harsh; cruel.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Obs. & R. Having no race or kindred; childless.
- adj. obsolete Not kind; contrary to nature, or the law of kind or kindred; unnatural.
- adj. Wanting in kindness, sympathy, benevolence, gratitude, or the like; cruel; harsh; unjust; ungrateful.
- adj. lacking kindness
- adj. deficient in humane and kindly feelings
- From un- + kind. (Wiktionary)
“Man-unkind is still too motivated by selfishness and greed to change course.”
“Children and servants are not exceptions to this general rule; and those of us who indulge in unkind expressions towards each other, lower ourselves more than we can, perhaps, understand in the opinions of those about us.”
“As therein unkind to his family, for he entails a curse upon it.”
“I always use "unkind" -- it feels satisfyingly quaint.”
“They need to ask themselves if they want to be forever known as unkind and uncaring, the lawmakers who while spending untold hundreds of billions of dollars to wage an unpopular war refused to approve a couple of extra billion over five years to provide health insurance for uncovered American children.”
“Thoughtless, yes, but no one could ever call her unkind.”
“Also even a so-called unkind fate loses much of its power to wound, for the higher man rises into union with God and Infinite”
“Many an hour have we two walked upon the deck dissecting our neighbours in a spirit that was too purely scientific to be called unkind; whenever a quaint or human trait slipped out in conversation, you might have seen Jones and me exchanging glances; and we could hardly go to bed in comfort till we had exchanged notes and discussed the day's experience.”
“Reichardt's film could almost be called unkind as it slowly drags the viewer through the tedious realism of Wendy's worsening situation: her car breaks down, she gets busted shoplifting, and most anxiety-producing of all, Lucy goes missing.”
“Location: sarnia the tonal characteristics of marshall mg's have been described as unkind by many a player”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘unkind’.
Looking for tweets for unkind.