from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Feeling or marked by resignation; acquiescent: "I like trees because they seem more resigned to the way they have to live than other things do” ( Willa Cather).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characterized by resignation or acceptance.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of resign.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Submissive; yielding; not disposed to resist or murmur.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Surrendered: given up.
- Feeling resignation; submissive.
- Synonyms Unresisting, yielding, uncomplaining, meek. See patience.
Sorry, no etymologies found.