from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Inclined or willing to submit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. one who submits
- adj. Meekly obedient or passive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Inclined or ready to submit; acknowledging one's inferiority; yielding; obedient; humble.
- adj. Showing a readiness to submit; expressing submission.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Inclined or ready to submit; yielding to power or authority; obedient; humble.
- Testifying or showing submission: of things.
- Synonyms Compliant, yielding, obsequious, subservient, tractable, docile; resigned, uncomplaining, unrepining, patient, long-suffering.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. abjectly submissive; characteristic of a slave or servant
- adj. inclined or willing to submit to orders or wishes of others or showing such inclination
Sorry, no etymologies found.