from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Bending or winding alternately from side to side; sinuous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. winding from side to side; sinuous
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having turns, windings, or flexures.
- adj. Having alternate curvatures in opposite directions; bent in a zigzag manner.
- adj. Wavering; not steady; flickering.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Winding; bending about; having turns or windings.
- Wavering; not steady; variable.
- In botany, curved or bent alternately in opposite directions, as a stem or branch. Also flexuose.
- In zoology, almost zigzag, but with rounded angles; between undulated and zigzag: as, a flexuous margin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having turns or windings
From Latin flexuōsus, from flexus, a bending, a turning, from past participle of flectere, to bend.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin flexuosus, from flexus ("bend"), from flectere ("bend"). (Wiktionary)