American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Marked by resilience; elastic.
- adj. Abounding in freshwater springs.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Having elasticity like that of a spring; elastic; light: as, springy steel; a springy step.
- n. Abounding with springs or fountains; wet; spongy: as, springy land.
- adj. That returns rapidly to its original form (as a spring does) after being bent, compressed, stretched, etc.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Resembling, having the qualities of, or pertaining to, a spring; elastic.
- adj. Abounding with springs or fountains; wet; spongy.
- adj. (of movements) light and confidently active
- adj. elastic; rebounds readily
- spring + -y (Wiktionary)
“Having just spent a gorgeous weekend in springy, sunny Vankie, I was thrilled to visit Craig's List to discover my dream roomie:”
“The meatballs are kind of springy, as Jason noted.”
“At some point, I might switch us to something more emphatically "springy," but I have yet to see the flowers emerging with any real force here in Philadelphia...”
“I love visiting your page because it's so "springy" and happy.”
“The spheroid interior was heavily and uniformly padded with some kind of springy orange plastic.”
“He twisted and turned it experimentally, encountered a kind of springy resistance, and pressed harder.”
“The fruit should be so dry that when a handful of slices is pressed together firmly into a ball the slices will be "springy" enough to separate at once upon being released from the hand.”
“They are neither elegant nor graceful, but easy, "springy" vehicles, which, having neither sides nor top covers, give unimpeded views, and are excellent for sight seeing, though not precisely the thing for rainy weather.”
“He broke several branches from the tree, laying them so as to form a kind of springy, leafy mound close to the brink.”
“Mr. Linden had never seemed more absolutely at leisure to attend to other people's affairs, and had rarely, it may be said, attended to them more thoroughly, than during that 'springy' half mile.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘springy’.
spring has sprung
Mere days ago, I found a five-week-old kitten abandoned in the median of the Avenue we live on. She was in terrible shape, but is doing great now thanks to love and dedication.
A list of My Little Pony names from the original (G1) collection. 1982-1992
words from the cookbook "Nigella Bites" by Nigella Lawson
Looking for tweets for springy.