from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or exhibiting adaptation.
- adj. Readily capable of adapting or of being adapted: an adaptive worker; adaptive clothing for children with special needs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, characterized by or showing adaptation; making or made fit or suitable.
- adj. Capable of being adapted or of adapting; susceptible of or undergoing accordant change.
- adj. Of a trait: that helps an individual to function well in society.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Suited, given, or tending, to adaptation; characterized by adaptation; capable of adapting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or characterized by adaptation; making or made fit or suitable; susceptible of or undergoing accordant change.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a capacity for adaptation
Sorry, no etymologies found.