from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of being extended or protruded: an extensible tongue; extensible tables.
- adj. Computer Science Of or relating to a programming language or a system that can be modified by changing or adding features.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of being extended.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being extended, whether in length or breadth; susceptible of enlargement; extensible; extendible; -- the opposite of
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being extended; admitting of being stretched in length or breadth; susceptible of enlargement or expansion.
- In zoology, capable of being thrust out; extensile; protrusile.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being protruded or stretched or opened out
Sorry, no etymologies found.