from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of being worked, dealt with, or handled.
- adj. Capable of being put into effective operation; practicable or feasible. See Synonyms at possible.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of functioning.
- adj. Able to be worked or fashioned
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being worked, or worth working.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That can be worked, or that is worth working: as, a workable mine; workable coal.
- Practicable; feasible: as, a workable scheme for lighting the streets.
- Capable of being stirred or influenced.
- Capable of being set at work.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being done with means at hand and circumstances as they are
work + -able (Wiktionary)