American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. That can be applied; relevant or appropriate: a rule not applicable in all cases; added the applicable sales tax.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being applied; fit to be applied; having relevance; suitable; appropriate; pertinent: as, this observation is applicable to the case under consideration.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Capable of being applied; fit or suitable to be applied; having relevance.
- adj. capable of being applied; having relevance
- From Medieval Latin applicabilis. (Wiktionary)
“Banal" was not a term applicable to someone unable to recognize his limitless moral depravity.”
“It is simply that the term applicable to a woman is not applicable to a man.”
“It is merely the term applicable where any series of phenomena is seen invariably to occur in certain given circumstances, or in certain given conditions.”
“I have no doubt that Cameron's shorthand is not an admission that he believes marriage is a term applicable to any relationship other than that between a man and a woman.”
“On the off-chance that they actually might find some medical basis for the term, it seems only fair that there be devised a term applicable to males exhibiting roughly-comparable symptoms, with the same suggestion of reproductive-system origin.”
“Maleh_, and _Seba Baharet_: the former does not apply particularly to the Mediterranean, but _is a term applicable to any sea or ocean that is salt_ (as all seas and oceans assuredly are); the latter term signifies literally, the Seven Seas or Waters: neither is this”
“_Studiren_ is a term applicable only to a more mature kind of mental work.”
“Switzerland, Holland, and the Rhenish Confederation, formed the foundation of the Continental System, a term applicable to the sum total of the measures that aimed at ruining England by excluding her goods from the Continent.”
“In this sense there may be such a thing as perfectibility in works of fiction, notwithstanding the concession often made by the advocates of human improvement, that perfectibility is a term applicable only to science.”
“Hailing the movement as fraught with important improvements, he produced his Panopticon, which he described as applicable to all houses of industry, and wherever inspection is constantly required.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘applicable’.
This is the place to add words you'd like Charles Harrington Elster to pronounce for you!
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Taisha GRE Bible
In no particular order.
Looking for tweets for applicable.