from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be applied; relevant or appropriate: a rule not applicable in all cases; added the applicable sales tax.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Suitable for application; relevant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being applied; fit or suitable to be applied; having relevance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being applied; fit to be applied; having relevance; suitable; appropriate; pertinent: as, this observation is applicable to the case under consideration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being applied; having relevance
From Medieval Latin applicabilis. (Wiktionary)