from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a statute.
- adj. Enacted, regulated, or authorized by statute.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, relating to, enacted or regulated by a statute.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Enacted by statute; depending on statute for its authority.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Enacted, required, or imposed by statute; depending on statute for its authority: as, a statutory provision or remedy; statutory fines.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or created by statutes
- adj. prescribed or authorized by or punishable under a statute
statute + -ory (Wiktionary)