from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or used for discipline: disciplinary training; disciplinary measures.
- adj. Of or relating to a specific field of academic study.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having to do with discipline, or with the imposition of discipline.
- adj. For the purpose of imposing punishment.
- adj. Of or relating to an academic field of study.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to discipline; intended for discipline; corrective; belonging to a course of training.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of discipline; promoting discipline or orderly conduct.
- Specifically Used for self-inflicted torture as a means of penance: as, a disciplinary belt (one to which are attached sharp points which penetrate the skin).
- Pertaining to the training or regulation of the mind; developing; maturing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to a specific field of academic study
- adj. relating to discipline in behavior
- adj. designed to promote discipline
See the NFL video on legal and illegal hits that was sent to players, coaches and teams to clarify which blows will result in disciplinary action.
The source said there were some "unauthorized techniques" used resulting in disciplinary action being taken.
June 8, 2010, 10: 49 pm neurodoc says: ohwilleke: Overpromising results or inaccurate professional judgment almost never results in disciplinary action, and when it does, more often results in a very minimal sanction.
Overpromising results or inaccurate professional judgment almost never results in disciplinary action, and when it does, more often results in a very minimal sanction.
The city warned that the flier and communications like it could result in disciplinary action “up to and including termination.”
That the dissemination of the identities of students involved in disciplinary proceedings by a school-sponsored newspaper carrying the school's name is not in any way a dissemination by the school?
Most men "didn't know what end went foremost" around the house, and left household affairs and child rearing to the women, occasionally intervening in disciplinary matters when their help was solicited by their wives. 9
Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action. up to and including, adminstrative separation.
Football Association admit defeat in row over poppies There will be no emblem on the shirts at Wembley but Spain match will 'honour' the appeal Arshavin may consider future at Arsenal Russian issues warning over lack of first-team opportunities Steffon Armitage could face RFU rap for defending 'dirty' Delon England flanker could be the latest family member to fall foul of the Rugby Football Union after he labelled the disciplinary panel that...
He called the disciplinary hearings an attempt by the party "to silence the Youth League on their views."
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.