from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to investigation: investigative methods.
- adj. Characterized by or engaged in investigation; specializing in uncovering and reporting hidden information: investigative journalism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to investigation; inquisitive; curious; searching.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Given to investigation; inquisitive; curious; searching.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to investigation; given to investigation; curious and deliberate in research.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. designed to find information or ascertain facts
investigate + -ive (Wiktionary)