American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to veterinary medicine; concerned or connected with the medical or surgical treatment of animals, especially domestic animals.
- n. A veterinarian.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to domestic animals; specifically, pertaining to the surgical or medical treatment of domestic animals, especially of horses and cattle: as, a veterinary surgeon; veterinary medicine; a veterinary college or school.
- n. pl. veterinaries (-riz). A veterinarian.
- adj. Of or relating to the medical or surgical treatment of animals, especially domestic and farm animals
- n. A veterinary surgeon, a veterinarian
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to the art of healing or treating the diseases of domestic animals, as oxen, horses, sheep, various pets, etc..
- n. a doctor who practices veterinary medicine
- adj. of or relating to veterinarians or veterinary medicine
- Back-formation from veterinarian. (Wiktionary)
- Latin veterīnārius, from veterīnae, beasts of burden, from feminine pl. of veterīnus, of beasts of burden; see wet-2 in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Not to mention the rampant rent-seeking resulting from idiocies such as chlorhexidine mouthwash being prescription only for humans, while available otc in veterinary formulation.”
“Below is a direct quote from a veterinarian who is involved in veterinary ethics.”
“One has a chemistry Ph.D., two have doctorates in veterinary medicine and the last three are all in the Oregon State University graduate program working toward their Ph.D. s in nuclear engineering.”
“But sometimes things don't go as planned in veterinary clinics.”
“And then of course, he also has a Ph. D in veterinary medicine, his undergraduate work focused on evolutionary biology-he's an amateur spelunker and a certified scuba diver.”
“He has a doctorate in veterinary medicine and used to have his own practice in Sacramento, California, but has now sold it to focus solely on writing.”
“I decided to be the man of action rather than the philosopher, and resolved to graduate in veterinary science and pursue a research career.”
“Then she called the veterinary clinics - Christie estimated she called about 70 businesses.”
“Report on the market potential for imaging equipment in Swedish veterinary practices >”
“We have modified our short-term veterinary vaccine production goals to further our strategy of maximizing our revenue stream potential through investments that we believe will ultimately accelerate our long-term growth," said Weibing Lu, Skystar's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘veterinary’.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
You can manipulate this list here: http://www.visualthesaurus.com/wordlists/184552
Looking for tweets for veterinary.