from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A physician.
- n. Informal A medical student.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A physician or medical doctor; sometimes also a medical student.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a student in medical school.
- n. A licensed medical practitioner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A doctor.
- n. A name, among Spanish-speaking people of America, for Teuthis cæruleus and other species of the same genus, fishes found in warm seas and called surgeon- and doctor-fish, in English.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a licensed medical practitioner
- n. a student in medical school
Italian medico or Spanish médico, both from Latin medicus; see medical.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)