from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The symbol for the element mendelevium.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Symbol for mendelevium.
- abbr. Maryland
- abbr. Muhammad
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A contraction of Maryland.
- n. An abbreviation of month's date.
- n. An abbreviation of Master of Domestic Economy.
- n. An abbreviation of Master of Dental Surgery.
- n. Same as V. D. M.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a radioactive transuranic element synthesized by bombarding einsteinium with alpha particles (Md is the current symbol for mendelevium but Mv was formerly the symbol)
- n. a Mid-Atlantic state; one of the original 13 colonies
- n. a licensed medical practitioner
- n. a doctor's degree in medicine
Sorry, no etymologies found.