from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Used as a courtesy title before the name of a woman in an Italian-speaking area.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A female given name.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A lady; madam; mistress; -- the title given a lady in Italy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A lady: as, prima donna, the first female singer in an opera, oratorio, etc.
- n. [capitalized]A common title of respect for Italian and Portuguese ladies, and in foreign languages also for Spanish ladies (in place of Spanish Doña), prefixed to the Christian name: as, Donna Margarita.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an Italian woman of rank
Margarita threw back her veil (fazziolo), and replied in very explicit Venetian, '_You_ are _not_ his _wife_: _I_ am _not_ his _wife_: you are his Donna, and _I_ am his _Donna_: your husband is a _becco_, and mine is another.
DONNA - An anonymous tip leads Donna police to more than 700 pounds of marijuana.
NEAR DONNA - Authorities are investigating a kidnapping that took place Thursday just north of Donna ....
DONNA - The accident happened on FM 493 and Mile 11 1 / 2 north in Donna.
For the various packaging needs, Frost adopted the donna hay mantra of "simple made special" and worked closely with Donna and her team to develop the food range's own identity.
Prima Donna is about a day in the life of an ageing opera star in 1970s Paris.
The Prima Donna is an artist of the first order, and has an exquisite voice.
When I Google the name of the church with the name Donna and the children’s hide-and-seek call, ollie ollie oxen free, nothing worthwhile surfaces.
On 7 October, Ross's wife Donna is said to have received a phone call from Portugal at her home in Manchester.
Donna is just as desperate to help Ten get better as he is to get Rose back.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.