from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The cannabis plant.
- n. A preparation made from the dried flower clusters and leaves of the cannabis plant, usually smoked or eaten to induce euphoria.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Drug smoked or ingested for euphoric effect, Cannabis (drug).
- n. The hemp plant itself, Cannabis sativa.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A strong-smelling Asian plant (Cannabis sativa), also called hemp, from which a number of euphorogenic and halucinogenic drugs are prepared. The euphoric effect is predominently due to tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
- n. The dried leaves or the female flowers of the hemp plant, which is smoked or chewed to obtain a euphoric effect. The flowers usually have a higher concentration of the active ingredient, tetrahydrocannabinol.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a strong-smelling plant from whose dried leaves a number of euphoriant and hallucinogenic drugs are prepared
- n. the most commonly used illicit drug; considered a soft drug, it consists of the dried leaves of the hemp plant; smoked or chewed for euphoric effect
Spanish marihuana.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)