American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Marijuana, especially a highly resinous form of marijuana prepared from the flowering tops and leaves of selected plants and usually ingested by smoking.
- n. slang marijuana
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The dried hemp plant, used in India for smoking. It is extremely narcotic and intoxicating.
- n. a strong-smelling plant from whose dried leaves a number of euphoriant and hallucinogenic drugs are prepared
- n. the most commonly used illicit drug; considered a soft drug, it consists of the dried leaves of the hemp plant; smoked or chewed for euphoric effect
- From Bengali গাঁজা (gañja), from Sanskrit गञ्जा (gañjā, "hemp"). (Wiktionary)
- Hindi gāṁjhā, hemp resin, from Sanskrit gāñjyā-, of hemp, from gañjaḥ, hemp, perhaps alteration of gṛñjaḥ, a type of plant. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Time and again he called ganja "the healing of the nation.”
“I don’t think that booze will hurt the baby now, but I think ganja is more the ticket.”
“In an economy quickly going down the toilet faster than a nickel bag when the police come a-knocking, decriminalized and government-sanctioned "ganja" could 'pot'-entially create more and literally' green 'jobs, add much needed tax revenues, and end the criminality and high-cost incarceration (inordinately of young black males) attached to its production, sale and consumption.”
“What kind of ganja were these guys were smoking before doing this video?”
“Repetitively hollerin '' ganja 'at the crowd and asking them to respond in kind just seemed silly and by the volume of the response, one would think the crowd thought the same - wrong call Mr B.”
“At the time, he spoke only a few words, including "brothers and sisters" - which is apparently how members of the cult, including parents, are addressed - as well as "ganja".”
“PALAKKAD: Forests in the State will be made 'ganja' free by conducting raids, Forest Minister Benoy Viswom has said.”
“ganja" could 'pot'-entially create more and literally' green 'jobs and add much needed tax revenues.”
“- Cheech & Chong bring their campaign for ganja to Washington ….”
“Sky stared, slack-jawed, at the location where so recently the ciudad de ganja had metastasized.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ganja’.
dem woodz assoseeated wit da reegae mon..
( Reggae, Rastafari, Rasta, Jamaica, Zion, Haile Selassie, Africa, Caribbean )
( slang, randomness )
Different terms for illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia. Please keep chemical names to the minimum, unless they're in common usage.
Words and terms about (illicit) drugs and related subcultures.
originally started as an attempt to collect words I found visually and auditorially beautiful, as well as psychically evocative, this has become nothing more than a grab bag of word curiosities, a ...
( personal list )
related (from me):
Some words that invoke in me a sense of wonder.....
Some surprises, at least for me!
Words of interest
Looking for tweets for ganja.