from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that serves to tranquilize, as soothing music.
- n. Any of various drugs used to reduce tension or anxiety; an antianxiety agent.
- n. Any of various drugs used to treat psychotic states; an antipsychotic drug. Not in scientific use.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which tranquillizes or soothes.
- n. A drug used to reduce anxiety or tension; a sedative.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, tranquilizes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which tranquilizes. Also spelled tranquiliser, tranquilliser.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a drug used to reduce stress or tension without reducing mental clarity
Sorry, no etymologies found.