from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tending to produce sleep; hypnotic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. inducing or causing sleep
- n. any pharmaceutical product that causes sleep
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Somnific; soporific; tending to produce sleep.
- n. That which causes or induces sleep; a soporific.
From Latin somnus (sleep) + facio (I make) (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.