from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A depressant or sedative drug, such as a barbiturate or tranquilizer.
- n. Slang One that depresses, such as an experience or person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A negative drug trip.
- n. A drug that has depressant qualities.
- n. Something or someone disagreeable, dispiriting or depressing; a killjoy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a drug that reduces excitability and calms a person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a drug that reduces excitability and calms a person
Sorry, no etymologies found.