from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The symbol for the element hydrogen.
- The symbol for enthalpy.
- abbr. Physics Hamiltonian
- abbr. Physics henry
- abbr. high
- abbr. Baseball hit
- abbr. hot
- abbr. humidity
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A street term for heroin.
- n. Hits, the number of hits by a given batter in a given season.
- n. A grade of pencil with lead that makes lighter marks than a pencil grade HB but darker marks than a pencil of grade 2H; a pencil with hard lead.
- n. Hentai.
- n. The eighth letter of the basic modern Latin alphabet.
- n. Symbol for hydrogen.
- n. Symbol for a henry, a unit for measurement of electrical inductance in the International System of Units.
- n. IUPAC 1-letter abbreviation for histidine
- n. The eighth letter of the English alphabet, called aitch and written in the Latin script.
- n. The ordinal number eighth, derived from this letter of the English alphabet, called aitch and written in the Latin script.
Sorry, no etymologies found.