from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rubber or plastic nipple or teething ring for a baby to suck or chew on.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who or that which pacifies.
- n. A small device, usually of rubber or plastic containing a protruding nipple-shaped portion which a baby may place in its mouth and suck on; -- it is used to keep babies contented.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who pacifies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who tries to bring peace
- n. device used for an infant to suck or bite on
- n. anything that serves to pacify
From pacify + -er. (Wiktionary)