from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that makes peace, especially by settling disputes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who restores peace, especially by settling disputes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who makes peace by reconciling parties that are at variance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who makes peace, as by reconciling parties that are at variance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who tries to bring peace
- n. a belt-fed machine gun capable of firing more than 500 rounds per minute; used by United States troops in World War II and the Korean War
Sorry, no etymologies found.