from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who acts as an intermediary or messenger between two sides.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An intermediary or middleman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A negotiator who acts as a link between parties; an intermediate agent; a broker; a procurer; -- sometimes in a disparaging sense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who passes from one to another of different persons or parties as an agent or assistant in negotiation or intrigue; one who serves another or others as an intermediary.
- n. A servant who assists in the duties of two positions. See the extract.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a negotiator who acts as a link between parties
Sorry, no etymologies found.