from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who arranges or tries to arrange marriages.
- n. One who arranges athletic competitions, especially in professional boxing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who finds suitable marriage partners
- n. someone who arranges professional boxing matches
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who makes matches for burning or kinding.
- n. One who tries to bring about marriages.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who plans or brings about marriages; especially, one who officiously or obtrusively engages in promoting a match or matches.
- n. One who makes matches for burning.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who arranges (or tries to arrange) marriages for others
Sorry, no etymologies found.