from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The techniques and practice of a midwife.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The practice and science of being a midwife.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art or practice of assisting women in childbirth; obstetrics.
- n. Assistance at childbirth; help or coöperation in production.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The practice of obstetrics; the practice of assisting women in childbirth.
- n. Assistance at childbirth or in production.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of medicine dealing with childbirth and care of the mother
- n. assisting women at childbirth
From midwife + -ery. (Wiktionary)