from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of prevaricate; one who prevaricates.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who prevaricates.
- n. A sham dealer; one who colludes with a defendant in a sham prosecution.
- n. One who betrays or abuses a trust.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who prevaricates; a shuffier; a quibbler.
- n. One who acts with unfaithfulness and want of probity; one who abuses a trust.
- n. Formerly, at the University of Cambridge, England, the opponent of the inceptor at commencement. He delivered a prefatory oration, freely satirizing prominent individuals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who has lied or who lies repeatedly
Church founded on Peter-Why then is he called a prevaricator of the truth, a traitor to the truth;?
The pompous prevaricator is in. ) takes a lot a gall, given the man he is supporting.
Take a lesson from the Bob Dole Charm School: If your opponent lies, enough with words like "prevaricator" or "misrepresenting the truth," call him or her a liar.
He preferred an honest juror with flaws to a prevaricator.
So, by continuing to express support for what is a clearly doubtful proposition, you mark yourself as either a fool or a prevaricator.
And he is prevaricator: you never know what he thinks or believes because he speaks from the both sides of his mouth.
Here is the case of the billionaire prevaricator being exposed by a lowly Latina housekeeper who says she was told, after nine years of cleaning toilets:
But here was a case of the billionaire prevaricator being exposed by a lowly Latina housekeeper who says she was told, after nine years of cleaning toilets: "You never have seen me and I have never seen you."
This does not mean abandoning negotiations, but rather doing away with the likes of the Quartet, whose feats include appointing Tony Blair as an inept envoy, and becoming a dispenser of vapid statements and a prevaricator that obstructs the tackling of issues on the ground.
It may seem petty but misspelling a species name, that you supposedly had to type numerous times, is kind of telling – that again ‘dr’ is a prevaricator.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.