from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The medical science that deals with the nervous system and disorders affecting it.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The branch of medicine that deals with the disorders of nervous system.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The branch of science which treats of the nervous system.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Scientific knowledge or investigation of the form and functions of the nervous system in sickness and in health.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (neurology) the branch of medicine that deals with the nervous system and its disorders
- n. the branch of medical science that deals with the nervous system
From New Latin neurologia; see neuro- + -logy. (Wiktionary)