from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of medicine that is concerned with the physiology and pathology of the skin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of the skin and its diseases
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science which treats of the skin, its structure, functions, and diseases.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The science of the skin; knowledge concerning the skin and its diseases. Also dermology.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of medicine dealing with the skin and its diseases
From Ancient Greek δέρμα (derma, "skin, hide") + -logy (Wiktionary)