from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of medicine that deals with the structure, function, and pathology of the ear.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The branch of medicine that deals with the ear, its structure, function and pathology.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The branch of science which treats of the ear and its diseases.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That branch of science which deals with the human ear, its anatomy and functions, in health and disease.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of medicine concerned with the ear
oto- + -logy (Wiktionary)