from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of medicine that deals with the anatomy, functions, pathology, and treatment of the eye.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The anatomy, functions, pathology, and treatment of the eye.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science which treats of the structure, functions, and diseases of the eye.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That branch of science which deals with the eye, its anatomy and functions, in health and disease.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of medicine concerned with the eye and its diseases
From ophthalmo- + -logy. (Wiktionary)