from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of the nature, effects, and detection of poisons and the treatment of poisoning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The branch of pharmacology that deals with the nature, effect, detection and treatment of poisons and poisoning.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science which treats of poisons, their effects, antidotes, and recognition; also, a discourse or treatise on the science.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That branch of medicine which treats of poisons and their antidotes, and of the effects of excessive doses of medicines.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of pharmacology that deals with the nature and effects and treatments of poisons
From French toxicologie, from toxico- + -logie. (Wiktionary)