from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Acting to expel or destroy parasitic intestinal worms.
- n. An agent that destroys or causes the expulsion of parasitic intestinal worms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Destructive to parasitic intestinal worms.
- n. A drug for the treatment of intestinal worm infestation, either by killing the worms or by causing them to be expelled from the body.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In medicine, destroying or expelling intestinal worms.
- n. A vermifuge; a drug used for destroying and expelling intestinal worms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a medication capable of causing the evacuation of parasitic intestinal worms
- adj. capable of expelling or destroying parasitic worms
ant(i)- + Greek helmins, helminth-, worm; see wel-2 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From ant- + helminth + -ic. The second th has become t by dissimilation. (Wiktionary)