from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or resembling cork.
- adj. Informal Lively; buoyant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of wine, contaminated by a faulty or tainted cork.
- adj. Consisting of, or like, cork; dry; shrivelled.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of, or like, cork; dry shriveled up.
- adj. Tasting of cork.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the nature of cork; resembling cork; hence, shriveled; withered.
- Tasting of cork; corked: usually said of wines: as, a corky flavor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of wine) tainted in flavor by a cork containing excess tannin
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Jodi's mom, "corky" is so proud, never did convert me but I did accquire the appreciation they have for food and fun with the family - Should the tough times come, our mormon friends and family can help get us through, those well stocked pantrys can be a good thing!
-- Why no, I should say they danced as if they liked it and couldn't help dancing; they looked as if they felt so "corky" it was hard to keep them down.
However, and to my great dismay, it was quickly discovered that one of the bottles was a bit "corky"!
Or some kind of corky material to make them like bulletin boards?
If so, here's a corky good read for you: American Psychological Association's report on the sexualization of girls and the effects of stereotyping.
Mr. RON JEFFRIES (Founder, Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales): The aroma for me is sort of musty cellar, a little corky.
Aeoniums form rosettes of spoon-shaped blades at the tops of corky gray stems.
Shut it corky, Don't defend him. he was just another crazy californian that was trying to make some money by filing a yellerbellied suit.
I'll never forget how nasty she and her staff was to you!!! corky
Several indications of a wine that would be "off" would be have interference of pure clean flavor, or corky flavors mixed in.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.