from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of handwriting, especially when employed as a means of analyzing character.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the study of handwriting, especially as a means of analyzing character
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art of judging of a person's character, disposition, and aptitude from his handwriting; called graphoanalysis by its practitioners. Though its practitioners consider it a science, it is widely considered a pseudoscience, as is astrology.
- n. The system or notation used in dealing with graphs.
- n. The study of systems of writing of languages; also called grammatology.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The study of handwriting regarded as an expression of the character of the writer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the study of handwriting (especially as an indicator of the writer's character or disposition)
Greek graphē, writing; see graphic + -logy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Ancient Greek γραφή (graphe), "writing". (Wiktionary)