from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of stargaze.
- n. The act of gazing at the stars; astronomy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or practice of observing the stars with attention; contemplation of the stars as connected with astrology or astronomy.
- n. Hence, absent-mindedness; abstraction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Given to the observation and study of the stars.
- n. Attentive observation and study of the stars; astrology or astronomy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. observation of the stars
Sorry, no etymologies found.