from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Deep in thought; contemplative.
- n. Contemplation; meditation.
- n. A product of contemplation; a thought. "an elegant tapestry of quotations, musings, aphorisms, and autobiographical reflections” ( James Atlas).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of muse.
- adj. Absorbed in thought; contemplative
- n. thought, meditation, contemplation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Thinking long and intensely.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of pondering; meditation; thoughtfulness.
- Meditative; thoughtful; preoccupied.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. deeply or seriously thoughtful
- n. a calm, lengthy, intent consideration
Sorry, no etymologies found.