from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, produced by, or resulting from reflection.
- adj. Capable of or producing reflection: a reflective surface.
- adj. Characterized by or given to meditation or contemplation; thoughtful. See Synonyms at pensive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Something which reflects, or redirects back to the source.
- adj. Thinking back on the past.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Throwing back images.
- adj. Capable of exercising thought or judgment.
- adj. Addicted to introspective or meditative habits.
- adj. Reflexive; reciprocal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Throwing back rays or images; giving reflections; reflecting.
- Taking cognizance of the operations of the mind; exercising thought or reflection; capable of exercising thought or judgment.
- Having a tendency to or characterized by reflection.
- Devoted to reflection; containing reflections.
- In grammar, reflexive.
- Produced by reflection.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. devoted to matters of the mind
- adj. capable of physically reflecting light or sound
- adj. deeply or seriously thoughtful
reflect + -ive (Wiktionary)