from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Drawing distinctions.
- adj. Marked by or showing prejudice: discriminative hiring practices.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. which has the ability to discriminate between things; or which imparts such ability
- adj. which serves to distinguish its bearer
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Marking a difference; distinguishing; distinctive; characteristic.
- adj. Observing distinctions; making differences; discriminating.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That marks distinction; constituting a difference; characteristic: as, the discriminative features of men.
- Making distinctions; discriminating.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of making fine distinctions
- adj. expressing careful judgment
Sorry, no etymologies found.