from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of firsthand.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Obtained directly from the first or original source; hence, without the intervention of an agent; -- of information.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The first or highest source, without the intervention of agents or media of any kind: generally with at, or, without a preposition, in adverbial use: as, information secured at first-hand from the person interested; goods obtained first-hand from the manufacturer.
- Obtained direct from the first source; obtained from the producer, maker, etc., without the intervention of agents or media.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. received directly from a source
- adv. from the original source; directly
Sorry, no etymologies found.