from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who has seen someone or something and can bear witness to the fact.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who sees an event and can report or testify about it.
- v. To be present at an event, and see it
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who sees a thing done; one who has ocular view of anything.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who testifies to something he has seen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a spectator who can describe what happened
- v. be present at an event and see it with one's own eyes
From eye + witness (Wiktionary)