from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A point where a check is performed: Vehicles are stopped at several checkpoints along the border.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A point or place where a check is performed, especially a point along a road or on a frontier where travellers are stopped for inspection
- n. a situation, often represented by a point in time, at which the state of a database system is known to be valid, and to which it can be returned in the event of a crisis by using a combination of backups and logs; the data stored at this event
- n. A predetermined point in a map, level or scenario that the player may resume from if they die or restart from if they choose to.
- v. To set a checkpoint
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a place (as at a frontier) where travellers are stopped for inspection and clearance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a place (as at a frontier) where travellers are stopped for inspection and clearance
Sorry, no etymologies found.