from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Furnishing evidence or proof.
- adj. Serving to test, try, or prove.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Tending to prove a particular proposition or to persuade someone of the truth of an allegation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Serving for trial or proof; probationary
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Serving to test or prove.
- Pertaining to proof or demonstration: as, the probative force of evidence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. tending to prove a particular proposition or to persuade you of the truth of an allegation
Sorry, no etymologies found.