from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who has heard someone or something and can bear witness to the fact.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A witness who gives evidence of what he or she has heard.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A witness by means of his ears; one who is within hearing and does hear; a hearer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is able to give testimony to a fact from his own hearing.
- n. A mediate witness; one who testifies to what he has received upon the testimony of others.
ear1 + (eye)witness.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From ear and eyewitness (Wiktionary)