American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having force and producing a striking effect.
- adj. Revealing previously unknown information.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Effective; impressive; striking: as, a telling speech on tariff reform.
- adj. having force
- adj. revealing information
- adj. serving to convince
- v. present participle of tell.
- n. The act of narration.
- n. The disclosure of information.
- n. archaic Counting, numbering.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Operating with great effect; effective.
- n. disclosing information or giving evidence about another
- adj. powerfully persuasive
- n. an act of narration
- adj. disclosing unintentionally
- adj. producing a strong effect
- n. informing by words
“And I did it all without a label telling me I needed to Auto-Tune myself, or have Rihanna guest on my album to drive up record sales.”
“The little we do is the label telling us what's happening and we go, That's weird.”
“Francesca peered down at him, her expression telling Zak what he already knew: It was an utterly stupid question.”
“So talking about pop records, it's usually the powers that be and the people at the label telling him he should do”
“The only difference in the telling is the coda to both versions.”
“The movie beings with a title telling us we are looking at Norway, 709 AD.”
“The traditional elements of cyberpunk aren't present in this book except that the telling is a detective thriller set in the future.”
“And then, wham, in your face is a label telling you exactly how many calories you're drinking.”
“But he says he will continue with what he calls telling the truth, and that's what he plans to do -- Catherine.”
“Usually, a "gate" is a label telling the media to start a hype, being proposed by someone with limited imagination.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘telling’.
mostly from magoosh
Words from the new GRE : This list consists mostly of words from the book Magoosh-GRE-vocab-ebook, which is one of the best vocab materials available, especially if you have started preparing one ...
Listening to this as an audio book for the second time. Tim O'Brien uses simple words and phrases to great effect. Very few unfamilar and big words . The writing style reminds me of words from Joh...
Words that mean more than what I thought they do.
trite vocab with starling alternative meaning
Easy yet Tricky
Looking for tweets for telling.