from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having force and producing a striking effect.
- adj. Revealing previously unknown information.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having force
- adj. revealing information
- adj. serving to convince
- v. Present participle of tell.
- n. The act of narration.
- n. The disclosure of information.
- n. Counting, numbering.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Operating with great effect; effective.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Effective; impressive; striking: as, a telling speech on tariff reform.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. disclosing information or giving evidence about another
- adj. powerfully persuasive
- n. an act of narration
- adj. disclosing unintentionally
- adj. producing a strong effect
- n. informing by words
Sorry, no etymologies found.