from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or exercising influence.
- n. One that is of considerable importance or influence: sought the advice of policy influentials.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having or exerting influence.
- n. A person who has influence
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Exerting or possessing influence or power; potent; efficacious; effective; strong; having authority or ascendency
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having or exerting power or influence; possessing or characterized by the possession of influence, or of power to influence: as, influential friends.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or exercising influence or power
Sorry, no etymologies found.