from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling, flowing in, or forming torrents: torrential mountain streams; a torrential downpour.
- adj. Resulting from the action of fast-flowing streams: torrential erosion.
- adj. Flowing or surging abundantly; wild: torrential applause.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Coming or characterized by torrents; flowing heavily or in large quantities.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a torrent; having the character of a torrent; caused by a torrent .
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or resembling a torrent; of the nature of a torrent: as, torrential rains.
- Produced by the agency of rapid streams, mountain torrents, and the like.
- Figuratively, fluent and copious; voluble; overwhelming.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pouring in abundance
- adj. resembling a torrent in force and abundance
- adj. relating to or resulting from the action of a torrent
From torrent + -ial. (Wiktionary)