from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or having the nature of a quintessence; being the most typical: "Liszt was the quintessential romantic” ( Musical Heritage Review).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of the nature of a quintessence (in all senses); ultimate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of the nature of a quintessence; purest; most characteristic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of quintessence; of the nature of quintessence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. representing the perfect example of a class or quality
Sorry, no etymologies found.