from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not honored or praised; uncelebrated: an unsung hero.
- adj. Not sung: unsung hymns.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Which has not been lauded or appreciated.
- adj. Not sung.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not sung; not recited musically, as a song: as, “half yet remains unsung,” Not celebrated in verse or song.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not famous or acclaimed
- adj. having value that is not acknowledged
un- + sung (Wiktionary)